Team Building: The Key to Your Corporate Retreat
It is not uncommon to find our property packed during the week with companies, not-for-profits, governmental agencies, and religious organizations all trying to strengthen office morale, empower employees, and streamline operations through Team Building activities.
Team Building comes in a variety of forms. From brainstorming sessions, roundtable discussions, and professional development seminars in our meeting and conference rooms, to “get-to-know-you” games and hands-on activities held both inside and outside, we welcome and support your plans and ideas to make your retreat a success.
Moreover, because we have become a popular venue for retreats, we now offer a variety of Team Building Activities led by one of our program coordinators, who will work with you in advance to discuss your group’s goals and objectives, and your current group dynamic to tailor a plan specifically for your team. Each experience is unique, but all are designed to encourage teamwork, taking overall performance to a new level.
Several of our most popular Team Building Activities include:
- Our Low Ropes Confidence Course – Designed to challenge team members in a series of planned exercises that encourage valuable skills like Leadership, Teamwork, Trust, Cooperation, Communication, Problem Solving, Overcoming Obstacles, and Supporting Others.
- Beer Tasting – Your group will experience the fine art of beer making and learn more about the raw ingredients used in the brewing process. Generous samples of at least 5 different beers will be tasted during this lively presentation. At the end participants will receive a pint of the beer they like the best! Snacks may be arranged per the Specialty Break and Hors D’oeuvres Menu.
- Western Town BBQ – Enjoy a chuck wagon style barbeque dinner in a unique vintage western setting. Complimentary cowboy hat and bandana for each guest.
- Wine Tasting Party – Guests will enjoy generous samples of fine wines. All are described by a wine expert as they are poured. Tasting sheets describing each wine will be provided to the guests for future reference. This is a great event for wine enthusiasts as well as beginners. Snacks may be arranged per the Specialty Break and Hors D’oeuvres Menu.
- Mystery Dinner – This comical and entertaining show has many themes available. Guests are encouraged to dress in theme attire and interact with the show.
- Campfire – Star filled skies, clean country air, and the warmth of a campfire is an excellent way to unwind after your meetings. Included in the set-up is building and lighting the fire, and all the makings for S’mores for your entire group.
- Historic Hermann, Missouri Day Excursion – Take a winery tour and visit historic Hermann Missouri. Transportation provided by coach bus or limousine to and from Cedar Creek.
- Golf – Our 9-Hole Par-3 Executive Course can be reserved for a friendly tournament or hole-sponsored contest.
Need help in the planning process? Download our Corporate Retreat Checklist, or contact Jennifer Buwalda, Manager of Meetings & Events, by calling 573.237.3672 ext. 510 or emailing email@example.com.